Returning to work
The governments road map to reopening Ireland is available to view here.
Returning to work templates are available in the Member Area HERE:
Employers have a duty of care for all employees under the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and must give due consideration if it is safe to ask employees to travel to work (consider public transport with a virus), or to undertake their work. It is imperative that an appropriate Risk Assessment is conducted to ensure that management makes an informed decision and that no employee’s Safety is put at risk unnecessarily. Members can access assessments here.
Download the guidelines from Fáilte Ireland for re-opening for your sector:
- Download an overview of guidelines for re-opening for all sectors [pdf, 5mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening hotels and guesthouses (V1.2) [pdf, 8.7mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening B&Bs and historic houses (V1.1) [pdf, 5.6mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening self catering (V1.1) [pdf, 5.6mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening restaurants and cafes (V1.2) [pdf, 4.8mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening caravan and camping parks (V1.1) [pdf, 5.4mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening visitor attractions (V1.1) [pdf, 5.7mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening activity providers (V1.1) [pdf, 6.1mb]
[pdf-embedder url="https://isme.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Key-Supports-for-Reopening-your-Small-Business.pdf"][pdf-embedder url="https://isme.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Key-Supports-for-Reopening-your-Small-Business.pdf"]
The Department of Health has developed social distancing graphics to help you maintain distance in your premises. You can download them for free HERE
The Health and Safety Authority have published checklists and templates to help employers, business owners and managers get their business up and running again. Available HERE
· NSAI guidance on workplace improvement and protection, HERE
· The National protocols on returning to work, HERE
· HSA guidance on COVID-19 and the workplace HERE
· ISME Employee Declaration template HERE
· ISME COVID-19 Risk Assessment template HERE
Financial support for your business is available here
Find out how your business can apply for a new 'Restart Grant' from your local authority to help with the cost of re-opening after Covid-19. Grants of between €2,000 - €10,000 are available.
Q&A addressing concerns regarding returning to work post COVID-19.
- Neil McDonnell, ISME CEO
- Cait Lynch, ISME HR Advisor
- Yvonne Mullooly, Assistant Chief Executive Officer, Chemicals and Prevention Division, Health and Safety Authority.