Learning & Development
This course will provide participants with an overview of the main employment law issues arising in a workplace. Participants will acquire an understanding of the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees and the issues affecting the employment relationship from recruitment to termination.
The content of the course can be varied on request. In general, the course will aim to cover the following topics:
- Terms of employment (contracts, statutory requirements, working hours, payment)
- Protective leave entitlements (including maternity, parental and carer’s leave)
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures and investigations
- Equality and discrimination
- Bullying and harassment
- Termination of employment: unfair dismissal / redundancy / wrongful dismissal
Additional topics that may be included:
- Data protection and employment law
- Privacy, technology and social media
- Health and safety law
- Restraint of trade and confidentiality clauses
- Atypical employment
- Workplace Relations Commission practice and procedure and Statutory Appeals
Delivery is in lecture format with the aid of PowerPoint slides. Group discussion and Q&A is encouraged.
This course will appeal to employees, managers, HR and IR professionals, legal practitioners and business owners.
Dates and Venues
- 27th September 2018. 9:30am – 5:00pm, ISME Offices, Dublin 2.
One day course €230 ISME Members, €325 Non Members
Members please log in to avail of your discount