In response to the number of important employment cases that have been delivered recently in the context of unfair dismissals, redundancy and employment equality, ISME held this webinar with Katherine McVeigh, Barrister-at-Law.
Some of the areas we covered in the webinar are:
- Protected Disclosures – amendments and recent case law
- Employment Status – self-employed our employee – implications for employers following the Karshan/ Domino’s Pizza case. What does this mean for employers?
- Sick Leave – new legal obligations on employers and recent interpretation from the courts in two key cases
- Employees on probation – what does an employer need to know?
- Mandatory retirement ages – important recent developments in the courts
- Recent important case law
Please note all information is accurate as of the date of recording in January 2024.
About Katherine: Katherine is a practising barrister with a general civil practice, specialising in employment and equality law. She appears regularly before the WRC, Labour Court and civil courts in employment law disputes. She frequently publishes and presents on employment law issues. Katherine is the Secretary of the Employment Bar Association (EBA) and committee member of the Employment Law Association of Ireland (ELAI).