In response to the number of important employment cases that have been delivered recently in the context of unfair dismissals, redundancy and employment equality, ISME held this webinar with Katherine McVeigh, Barrister-at-Law.
Some of the areas we covered in the webinar are:
- Whistleblowing and the Protected Disclosures legislation
- The recent changes to remote working
- The status of employees (whether someone is a contractor or actually deemed an employee with employment rights)
- Compensation trends for the Equal Status Act, which is garnering much media attention lately
- Illegality in employment contracts with new decisions on this
- The gender pay gap reporting- what do the new rules mean for employers in practical terms?
Please note all information is accurate as of the date of recording in January 2023.
About Katherine: Katherine is a practising barrister with a general civil practice, specialising in employment and equality law. She appears regularly before the WRC, Labour Court and civil courts in employment law disputes. She frequently publishes and presents on employment law issues. Katherine is the Secretary of the Employment Bar Association (EBA) and committee member of the Employment Law Association of Ireland (ELAI).