Use of PBN and French communication
1: Pre-Boarding Notification
Revenue has ongoing data quality monitoring arrangements in place in relation to data being input into the range of customs systems. We are particularly mindful of the fact that many of those providing data are new to customs formalities. In light of repeated data input errors noticed by Revenue in an aspect of the Pre Boarding Notification process for imports, Revenue made an adjustment to the system late on 8 January to eliminate these repeated mistakes.
This adjustment inadvertently impacted a separate piece of functionality on the export side of the PBN process. Revenue apologises for any inconvenience this may have caused. This issue has since been corrected and the export aspect of the PBN process is now fully operational again.
2: Information from French Customs
French customs have produced a simple flyer in order to help those when crossing the border (GB –> FR) when scanning import documents before boarding ferries or the Channel Tunnel shuttle on the way to France.
Please note that two further eCustoms notifications below:
- eCustoms Notification 05 2021 – RoRo Movements – Temporary facilitation for ENS
- eCustoms Notification 06 2021 – RoRo Movements – Common PBN errors and related issues
The customs helpline channels for queries are listed here:
- ENS related queries to: ENSenquiry@revenue.ie
- Systems queries to: eCustoms@revenue.ie
- PBN queries to: CustomsPBN@revenue.ie
- General Brexit queries to: email@example.com
- Brexit National helpline: 01-7383685
You can find all eCustoms notifications here and you can sign up for the mailing list by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org .
*The above information was provided by the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment