The Q1’21 Business Trends Quarterly survey showed 5 out of 14 confidence indicators yielding declining results, dropping by two from the previous quarter.
- BREXIT Uncertainty dropped by 4 percent to 42%. Business Confidence rose massively by 39%, bringing the Q4 total to 6%, compared to -33% in Q4. This aligns with Economic Uncertainty, which dropped by 7% this quarter.
- There was a significant rise in Business Expectations, which rose from 26% in Q4 to 36% this quarter, rising by 10%. Business Environment continues to decline, while Profitability Expectations increased by 15%. It should be re-emphasised that levels have not hit the initial lows experienced in Q1’2020.
- The Current Employment confidence indictor decreased by 5%, while Future Employment increased by a further 13%, from 6% to 19%.
- Current Sales have decreased from -34% to -46%, while Sales Expectations have shown their greatest recovery since plummeting in Q1’20, increasing from -10% to 28%.
- Current Investment rose by 2% this quarter after a 1% increase in Q4, while Future Investment grew by another 12%.
- Current Exports rose by 17% while Export Expectations also increased by 7%.
- Economic uncertainty concerns remain high, but have dropped slightly from 69% to 62%, remaining below initial Q1 levels. Brexit concerns remains a significant concern at 42%.
- Read the full report below or download here.