The Q4’20 Business Trends Quarterly survey showed 7 out of 14 confidence indicators yielding declining results, dropping by two from the previous quarter.
- BREXIT Uncertainty dropped by 4 percent to 46%. Business Confidence rose by 15%, bringing the Q4 total to -33%, compared to -48% in Q3. This aligns with Economic Uncertainty, which dropped by 7% this quarter.
- There was a significant rise in Business Expectations went from -14% in Q3 to 26% this quarter, rising by 40%. Business Environment followed the same pattern in Q4 as in Q3, while Profitability Expectations increased by 3%. It should still be noted that levels have not hit the initial lows experienced in Q1’2020.
- The Current Employment confidence indictor improved by 4%. This quarter, Future Employment increasing by a further 10%, from -4% to 6%.
- Current Sales have decreased from -18% to -34%, while Sales Expectations remain at similar levels to Q3, increasing from -12% to -10%.
- Current Investment fell by another 1% this quarter after a 3% decrease in Q3, while Future Investment grew by 12% after a 5% decrease in Q3.
- Current Exports fell by 4% while Export Expectations increased by 8%.
- Economic uncertainty concerns remain high, but have dropped slightly from 76% to 69%, going below initial Q1 levels. Brexit concerns remains a significant concern at 46%.
Read the full report tday