Miscellaneous Provisions Act
As you may be aware there is an upcoming change to employment legislation called the Miscellaneous Provisions Act. This change will be introduced in the first week of March 2019 and a number of key employment Acts will be amended as a result:
- The Minimum Terms of Employment Act
- The Organisation of Working Time Act
- The National Minimum Wage Act
- The Unfair Dismissals Act
The main areas that will change are:
- The requirement for a document to be issued to verify specific employment terms in the first five days of employment
- By employee request, casual employees should be allocated to a specific band of hours per week
- Zero hour contracts are now restricted
- There are significant penalties for employers if employees are penalised for requesting support
ISME held a webinar on the upcoming changes. Members can watch it back here.
You can also use the attached documentation to assist you in managing the changes:
If you have any questions about this or any other HR matter, please contact ISME’s HR department for assistance on [email protected] or call 01 662 2 755.