ISME Pre-Budget Submission 2020
- Minister Paschal Donohoe needs to prepare the economy for more difficult times ahead.
- Every man, woman and child in Ireland owes €46,000 in Government debt. We must stop adding to that this year.
- The state requires a radical program of reducing the cost of living in Ireland, most particularly the cost of housing.
- Our CGT rate is an outlier in the OECD at 33%. It must be lowered, and entrepreneurial incentives increased.
- ISME suggests we need a standing public sector pay commission to make regular recommendations on pay trends for the public service.
- Tax discrimination against the self-employed must end.
Read the Submission in full here.