GDPR. You thought you’d heard the last of it but it’s back and it’s got Brexit on its mind.
The Data Protection Commission has just released a notice with regards to what happens in the event of a ‘no deal’ Brexit.
In the event that the UK leaves the EU without a recognised agreement Irish organisations will need to make preparations to ensure that any data that is transferred adheres to GDPR guidelines for dealing with a ‘Third’ country.
Areas to consider:
- Do you store information on UK based servers?
- Do you outsource your HR, IT or Payroll function to a UK based organisation.
- Are you using a UK based marketing company to send marketing communications to your customer database.
- Is your occupational health provider based in the UK?
- Is your pension scheme based in the UK?
- Are you using a UK based company to analyse data on visitors to your website?
If you have concerns about any of the above please seek guidance from a GDPR support service.
ISME members are able to avail of Affinity rates from the following companies;
For further information please see the following link to the Data Commissioners website