The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment has prepared a checklist for employers with remote workers. This checklist has been prepared to provide employers with a quick way to navigate the adoption of remote working arrangements. This checklist covers the key areas of consideration for remote working based on official guidance.
ISME HR Advisor Cait Lynch answers the following questions on remote working, which available in our COVID-19 FAQs here.
- Are my employees entitled to work from home?
- What are my responsibilities as an employer if my employees are working from home?
- What equipment must I provide for employees working from home?
- Where can I find more information on allowing my employees to work from home?
- If I allow my employees to work from home can they refuse to return to the office once restrictions lift?
- Do I need to update employee contracts if they are working from home due to COVID-19?
The checklist is available to download here:Remote-Working-Checklist-for-Employers