As the elections loom and insurance reform becomes more urgent by the day, ISME have prepared the following questions for you to ask the canvassers when they come knocking:
- Are you aware that insurance costs are closing small businesses and harming voluntary groups? (feel free to mention your own experience here).
- What are you going to do about this?
- What are you going to do about the Garda Insurance Fraud Unit?
- When will it be established?
- When will the huge level of awards for minor injuries be reduced?
- How do we know insurers will reduce premiums when reforms are carried out?
- Do you support Senator Tony Lawlor’s bill to cap damages?
- Do you support Senator Padraig O’Ceidigh’s bill to provide a statutory offence of perjury?