Some of the key areas that ISME is currently lobbying on are:
- Tax discrimination suffered by the self-employed. SME owner-managers pay more tax than their employees, despite the fact that they are the job-creators.
- The unfair taxation treatment of travel expenses for non-executive directors.
- Further improvements to the Employment Investment Incentive Scheme and the Start-up Relief for Entrepreneurs scheme.
- The improvement in conditions to allow increased equity investment in SMEs.
- Improve Ireland’s cost competitiveness and oppose any increases in costs related to sick pay, pension costs and mandatory PRSI increases.
- The campaign against further unsustainable increases in the minimum wage and unrealistic wage expectations.
- Reduction of local authority costs and their rates.
- Abolish Upwards Only Rent Review leases.
- The fight against Black Economy operators.
- The ongoing campaign for a reduction in all Government influenced costs.
- The introduction of a 30-day payment guarantee, to address late payments to SMEs.
- The need to promote the Prompt Payment Code and Charter to increase the number of signatories.
- Introduction of a Strategic Investment Bank in addition to the SBCI.
- Public Sector reform and cost reduction.
- The introduction of an Independent Public Pay Commission.
- The ongoing campaign on reform of the social welfare system.
- Improved access to Public Procurement for SMEs.
- The reduction in Red Tape.
- Maintaining an Employer Disability Information service and helpline.