Role Type: Permanent
ISME is the only independent representative association for Small and Medium Enterprises in Ireland and currently has in excess of 10,500 members. Based on Kildare Street in Dublin 2, it supports SME owner-managers by lobbying on their behalf, providing advice and information and offering discounts on products and services through discount schemes. ISME provides a number of opportunities for business networking and gives a voice to the issues facing SME owner managers.
As the research officer with ISME you will be responsible for providing press output and analysis, and commentary and publication of all ISME reports. You will deal with press enquiries in conjunction with the CEO. You will have excellent attention detail, and organisational skills. The ideal candidate among other things will have at least two years’ experience in a research based role, with a third level qualification in a relevant field. You will support the management team and CEO in the performance of their roles and have good interpersonal skills.
The primary responsibilities for this role are:
- Writing press releases on relevant subjects.
- Acting as Press Officer- liaising with press, radio, and TV.
- Assisting in the development of reports, guides, and online research.
- Assisting in the development of policy and lobbying.
- Maintaining a detailed research database.
- Driving the implementation of member specific surveys.
- Carrying out research on any / all aspects of projects being proposed by management.
- Writing articles for our publications.
- Keeping up to date with relevant topics for ISME.
- Keeping up to date with all relevant legislation/ submitting our lobbying returns.
- Uploading reports and publications onto the ISME website.
- Briefing Executives and Members on relevant topics.
- Provide support and back-up to the CEO.
- Respond to member queries and build working relationships with relevant bodies.
- Working of systems such as Kantar media, WordPress and Zoho.
- Monitoring and circulating news on all our Social Media Platforms.
- Attending meetings on behalf of ISME.
- Undergo any training considered necessary for the performance of the above duties.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by relevant departments and the CEO.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- A third level qualification in relevant field; economics, business, public policy etc.,
- Ability to undertake and present detailed research reports
- At least two years’ experience of research.
- Strong organisational skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Highly organised approach to work and ability to multi–task and prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and act independently whilst being able to work successfully as part of a team.
- Flexibility in line with business requirements.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Experience using WordPress and CRM systems.
- A track record in project management and delivery of results.
- An understanding and appreciation of the policy environment.
- Ability to work as a self-starter, ability to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills and capacity to develop partnerships.
- Proficient in using Survey Monkey and Excel.