Salary: €40,000 - €50,000
Role Type: Contract
Our client is now seeking a Business Consultancy/ Support Executive to join their team.
- Develop long term plans for initiatives commenced by the Small Practice Support Project (SPSP), get agreement on these plans and then action them and promote them to small legal practices.
- Research matters and propose plans for new initiatives to support small practices, produce detailed plans, get agreement and then execute.
- Develop new initiatives that will facilitate small practice firms to avail of new business opportunities currently being done outside of Ireland and work closely with the Public Affairs Executive to take advantage of changes that happen at EU and international governmental level.
- Liaise with Irish Government organisations, industry sector organisations and other bodies to open up opportunities for small legal practices.
- Manage relationships with SME and other representative bodies on behalf of client in order to support small practice firms.
- Produce information in different formats to provide small firm practitioners with guidance on business development and business transition matters.
- Develop and deliver workshops and other information provision initiatives in order to support small firm practitioners to make their businesses more successful and sustainable.
- Set up and run events for small practices including an annual conference.
- Set up and manage initiatives that promote the value of small practices.
- Produce and make available to members a Start Up kit for establishing a practice.
- Produce a plan and execute it to set up a small practice mentoring programme.
- Contribute to the content published in the Small Practice Business Bulletin, Small Practice Business Hub, and the Gazette magazine/Gazette.ie.
- Look at options to assist small practices with information technology development.
Skills and Experience Required
- Must have at least 4 years’ professional experience of business consultancy or experience in assisting enterprises to grow and develop their businesses.
- Experience of working within a major business consulting organisation or an enterprise-focussed public service body and of supporting professional firms to develop their enterprises would be an advantage.
- Experience and understanding of the development, assessment and implementation of growth strategies and business plans.
- Good understanding of how small enterprises – and legal practices in particular – are effectively managed and developed.
- A keen understanding of the financing, budgeting, cash flow and taxation elements of running a small business.
- Knowledge of business marketing and how marketing plans are formulated.
- Experience in writing articles, publishing bulletins and other publications.
- Ability to write on business matters, proof read and edit documents in a timely manner.
- Excellent PC skills specifically with Microsoft Office.
- A high level of integrity and trust with confidential information.
- An adaptable approach to work and an ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Approachable and demonstrating a collegial manner in all dealings.
- A proven record of commitment to professional and client service excellence.
- Good knowledge of the legal profession.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required in a business discipline.