Time & Date: Friday, 9th June, 08.00 am – 10.00 am
***ISME members be sure to use the code provided for a 10% discount***
There have been a number of important employment law changes arising from the courts and new legislation in the recent few weeks. This webinar will provide important updates to Irish SMEs.
The important topics that Barrister of Law Katherine McVeigh will cover are:
- Suspensions: The Supreme Court delivered a seminal judgment on an employer suspending an employee which has changed the landscape in employment law and the duty of an employer.
- Probations: The EU Directive on Transparent and Predictable Working Conditions – New legislation regarding probations.
- Whistleblowing: The Court of Appeal delivered a judgment on whistleblowing and the Protected Disclosures Act. This clarifies much of the confusion around how the courts are applying the different provisions in the Act.
- Employment law injunctions:The High Court has delivered a recent important judgment on the subject.
- WRC Annual Report: The report sets out the most common cases and the determinations and redress being awarded from that statutory body.
- Work-Life Balance Act: The Act has been signed into law by the President, this imposes new duties on employers as regards employees’ rights under the Act. Katherine will also cover Domestic Violence Leave policies here.
About Katherine: Katherine is a practicing barrister with a general civil practice, specialising in employment and equality law. She appears regularly before the WRC, Labour Court, and civil courts in employment law disputes. She frequently publishes and presents on employment law issues. Katherine is the Secretary of the Employment Bar Association (EBA) and a committee member of the Employment Law Association of Ireland (ELAI).