Time & Date: Friday, 8th December, 08.00 am – 10.00 am
***ISME members be sure to use the code provided for a 10% discount***
There have been a number of important employment law changes arising from the courts and new legislation in the recent few weeks. This webinar will provide important updates to Irish SMEs.
The important topics that Barrister of Law Katherine McVeigh will cover are:
- – Protected Disclosures (Amendment) Act
- – GDPR and consequences for employers
- – The Supreme Court judgment in the Domino Pizza / Karshan case: what does an employer need to do now?
- – Sick leave obligations – recent interpretation from the courts
- – Employees on probation
- – Update on important case law and implications for employers
About Katherine: Katherine is a practicing barrister with a general civil practice, specialising in employment and equality law. She appears regularly before the WRC, Labour Court, and civil courts in employment law disputes. She frequently publishes and presents on employment law issues. Katherine is the Secretary of the Employment Bar Association (EBA) and a committee member of the Employment Law Association of Ireland (ELAI).