Learning & Development
Staff Retention for SMEs
This course aims to help HR staff, team leads and managing directors retain talent by:
- Understanding the key concepts behind a staff retention strategy
- Understanding the role of leadership and management in creating “retention-savvy” relationships
- Recruiting to retain
- Improving employee motivation
- Transforming the entire workforce into a high employee retention culture
Topic 1: Understanding Staff Turnover
- Why employees leave – the research
- Quantifying the real effects of employee turnover on the manager, the wider business and customers
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of a manager
Topic 2: Employee Motivation
- Motivating the workforce – identifying what staff value
- Promoting benefits: salary, culture, Flexible hours, training budgets
- Creating a people culture, people don’t leave jobs, they leave people
Topic 3: Absenteeism & Under Performers
- Managing employee attendance and presenteeism
- How to communicate more effectively with your employees even when time is short
- Management styles to help you match your approach to the individual and deal with challenging situations in the team
Our slide presentations contain a mixture of text, graphics, videos and photography to keep our presentations fresh.
Group Discussion is encouraged throughout the session to allow learners to share their experiences on similar issues.
Includes Case Studies, Role Plays, and Learning Games etc. As much as possible we try to make all exercises relevant.
This course is ideal for HR staff, team leads and managing directors or anyone looking to retain key staff members to ensure smooth business operations and growth.
Dates and Venues
- 16th October 2018. 9:30am – 5:00pm, ISME Offices, Dublin 2.
One day course: €230 ISME Members, €325 Non Members.
Members please log in to avail of your discount