Role Type: Permanent
Role: Audit Senior/Senior Accountant
Avid Partners require an Audit Senior
IS THIS YOU?
- Looking for a new challenge?
- You have a lot of potential, but currently going nowhere?
- Are you ready to grow with Avid Partners?
- Want to be actively and directly involved in taking our practice to the next level?
- Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CPA)?
- Significant experience in Accountancy Practice?
- Must be a member of Professional body – ACCA/ACA/CPA
- Must have minimum of 7 years experience in Practice
- Must have minimum of 3 years experience in similar role in Practice in Ireland
Exciting management role at Accountancy Practice in Avid Partners.
Due to continued growth and development, Avid Partners is seeking a Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant to join us as Audit Senior / Senior Accountant and become a crucial team member in helping develop and grow a multiple office practice in line with the development plan.
We currently have a wide range of staff over multiple locations
within Leinster including Dublin and Portlaoise with a practice wide
agenda for growth of service, locations and clients.
You will be described as:
Ambitious, a great communicator, a great team leader, someone who
wants to make a difference to our clients’ lives, organised and
efficient, a make-it happen person.
Someone who can take charge of any situation and provide guidance to fellow staff and clients.
Someone who really gets a kick from helping clients and bringing real value to their business and their lives.
Someone who wants to make a difference and put their mark on whatever they do.
Someone who is a Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant engaged in Accountancy Practice
The job is:
You will be in charge of a portfolio of clients while working alongside the Managing Partner, Jamie O’Hanlon.
You will have all the assistance and training you need, but this role
definitely requires a go-getter personality with strong management
skills and experience in leading and driving a team.
You will have a mix of service portfolio including auditing,
financial reporting, management accounting and corporate/personal
taxation – auditing will account for 25% of your assignments while the
greater amount of time will be spent on management reporting and
preparation of financial accounts and other reports including the
presentation to client and related advisory services.
A Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant with an extensive background of
experience in Accountancy Practice is required including accounts,
corporate/personal/capital tax, auditing, management accounts and
financial reporting, client advisory services and a track record in
supervising staff and dealing face to face with clients and other
Areas of responsibility:
- Preparation of accounts and financial statements
- Assist in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Design and implementation of audit plans
- Ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and timeframe
- Manage trainees while on assignment
- Responsible for development and mentoring of trainees.
- Managing and planning audit, audit exempt and project assignments
- Receiving the financial records from the client and the preparation
of routine financial reports essential to the effective support of the
financial function of the client to include annual financial statements
and taxation reports
- Managing a portfolio of clients and the provision of business advisory support to these clients
- Setting out key goals and objectives to deliver the strategic plan
- Working with existing clients to develop new business opportunities
- Identifying and promote additional services and support to clients
- Provide high-level technical and business and commercial advisory support to clients
- Working to deadlines and budgetary measures and other KPI essential for the efficient functioning and growth of the practice
- Liaising with Management and staff on co-ordination and alignment of work flow strategy
- Liaising and co-ordinating with internal staff members and providing them with support, guidance and training
- Communicating with colleagues, clients and public at large
This role with only involve 25% audit assignment while the
majority of assignment focus will be on practice advisory services
supporting the development of the clients business and performance.
Skills and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required
- Qualified/Part Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA CPA)
- Strong technical knowledge
- Experience in audit engagements
- Worked with a diverse portfolio of clients
- Capable of working on your own initiative
- Ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice; and strong interpersonal skills are essential
You will be based in our Dublin office in Dundrum, Dublin 16 but will
travel to all other regional offices within Leinster and to clients
From €30,000 to €45,000 including incentive
To a large extent you will be your own boss and have a lot of freedom.
This is a challenging role with a lot of opportunity not for the faint hearted.
If you believe you are the right person for this job, then
send me your CV, contact details and a short e-mail explaining why you
think that you are right for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OPPORTUNITY IS CALLING FOR THE RIGHT PERSON
Avid Partners – Practice Profile
Avid Partners – Accountants & Business Advisors has grown rapidly
since its foundation in 2001 and offers a full and comprehensive range
of professional accounting and advisory services. The company aims to
become a leading independent firm of business advisers and consultants.
Our approach is different as we:
- Develop strong, trusting and lasting relationships with clients
- Offer a focused, results-driven approach to you and your business
- Identify new growth opportunities in response to a tougher trading environment
- Secure experts who provide complementary skills in areas such as
consulting and technology to work with you and your organisation as
- From Audit and to Taxation to Business Consultancy and Marketing, we provide you with the complete picture
- Our people work directly with yours. We build a relationship – we get results.
Staff & Service Profile
Our service is only as good as the people we have working for you and your company. With that in mind, we have recruited the best and brightest
of Ireland’s financial graduates with solid experience and a continuing
professional development a must for our team. Each member of the Avid
Partners – Accountants & Business Advisors team undergoes a
comprehensive introduction programme and enjoys regular training and development
to ensure that they remain abreast of legal, accountancy, taxation,
corporate finance and company legislative changes, as well as remaining
on top of their game for the benefit of our clients. The practice has 14
personnel servicing the following areas:
- Taxation – Personal / Corporate
- Management Accounts / Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Wealth management
- Auditing and Compliance review
- Corporate Finance
- HR Advisory / Support
To become widely renowned for the professional services and support
which we provide to clients within the business place and for all
colleagues to value and enjoy the contribution they each make to the
welfare and prosperity of client and colleagues.