In response to the number of important employment cases that have been delivered recently in the context of unfair dismissals, redundancy and employment equality, ISME will host this webinar with Katherine McVeigh, Barrister-at-Law.
Date: 20th January 2023
Time: 8.00am – 9.30am
Cost: €65, ISME Member companies have received a discount code by email. Please contact [email protected] for the discount code.
About Katherine: Katherine is a practising barrister with a general civil practice, specialising in employment and equality law. She appears regularly before the WRC, Labour Court and civil courts in employment law disputes. She frequently publishes and presents on employment law issues. Katherine is the Secretary of the Employment Bar Association (EBA) and committee member of the Employment Law Association of Ireland (ELAI).
Some of the areas we will cover in the webinar are:
- Whistleblowing and the Protected Disclosures legislation
- The recent changes to remote working
- The status of employees (whether someone is a contractor or actually deemed an employee with employment rights)
- Compensation trends for the Equal Status Act, which is garnering much media attention lately
- Illegality in employment contracts with new decisions on this
- The gender pay gap reporting- what do the new rules mean for employers in practical terms?
This will be followed by a Q&A so send questions to [email protected] after registering.