What will happen on Monday when indoor hospitality reopens?
From Monday indoor hospitality will reopen for people who are fully vaccinated or recovered from Covid in the past six months, as well as children under 18 in their care. This is the first phase for the reopening of the hospitality sector.
Businesses which re-open will also be able to avail of the three-week double payment of the Covid Restrictions Support Scheme.
EU Digital Covid Certificate
The EU Digital Covid Certificate or HSE COVID-19 Vaccination Record (as issued at vaccination centres) will be the primary evidence used when going into a pub, restaurant, café or food court to access indoor hospitality. People across the country are currently receiving their EU Digital Covid Certificates via email and by post.
More detail on the EU Digital COVID Certificate is available at gov.ie/DCC. You may also need to ask customers for photo ID to verify the EU Digital COVID Certificate.
Is contact tracing still a requirement?
Customers will still be required to provide contact tracing details (of one adult at the table) with the exception of those under 18. Contact name and telephone number will be securely retained for 28 days and will be compliant with GDPR.
What conditions will be in place for businesses around time limits, table numbers, table service etc.?
- Following public health advice, the time limit for sitting at tables has been removed. There is now no limit to the amount of time consumers can sit at tables. Businesses may decide to operate this approach.
- There is no requirement for pre-booking, however businesses may decide to operate using this approach.
- A maximum of 6 persons aged 13 or over are permitted at a table. This limit of 6 does not include accompanying children aged 12 or younger. The total combined capacity at a table cannot exceed 15 overall (max. 6 persons aged 13 and over). Mingling between tables is not allowed.
- Customers should wear a face mask at all times other than when sitting at your table. All staff will continue to wear appropriate PPE including face masks at all times.
- Counter service remains prohibited. The regulations will provide for people to be served at tables only. This is to protect unvaccinated workers.
- There is no change to closing time – currently COVID regulations require all premises to close at 11.30 pm.
- Indoor areas should be well-ventilated
Where can I find the Guidelines on reopening?
Please see updated guidelines here at www.covid19.failteireland.ie/operational-guidelines
To protect ourselves and others, we still need to adhere to all of the public health behaviours that keep us and our loved ones safe – these include hand hygiene, physical distancing, face coverings when moving through indoor spaces etc.
People should also remember that outdoor spaces are preferable to indoor spaces